a sheet of information in the form of a table, graph, or diagram:
• a geographical map or plan, esp. one used for navigation by sea or air.
• Medicine a written record of information about a patient: scribbled on a patient's chart.
• (also birth chart or natal chart )Astrology a map showing the positions of the planets at the time of someone's birth, from which astrologers are said to be able to deduce character or potential.
1 [ with obj. ] make a map of (an area).
• plot (a course) on a chart: the pilot found his craft taking a route he had not charted.
• record the progress or development of: the poems chart his descent into madness | a major series charting the history of country music.
2 [ no obj. ] (of a record) enter the weekly music charts at a particular position: the record will probably chart at about No. 74.